Monday, April 30, 2007

Weekend Wrap

We all had an action packed weekend. Nana came to stay and did LOTS of baby-sitting, Ingrid and I went along to the Annual Radio Awards on Saturday and Ingrid had a birthday yesterday!

Sophie did enjoy seeing her Nana this weekend and she was on her best behavior for her all weekend. We had to bolt around 4:30pm on Saturday for the awards, so Nana got to enjoy the witching hour with Sophie, but from all accounts Sophie was a little angel (why doesn't she do that for me and Ingrid in the evening!).

Ingrid got home around 11:30pm Saturday night, (The Rock had a pretty good night, awards wise so I HAD to stay longer obviously!) I eventually crawled in around 4am. We were super glad mum was still here on Sunday as Ingrid and I were feeling very under the weather on her birthday and were hardly the parent material yesterday at all. Nana got Sophie up bright and early Sunday which meant the two of us could have a long overdue lie in and after we surfaced around 10am, we opened a couple of Ingrid's presents and then the two of us went out for a nice ‘hang-over’ birthday breakfast. Nothing like greasy bacon and eggs when you're feeling like death warmed up too…
-
Sophie knows what to do when her parents are hung-over!
Mum headed off around 2pm, so the three of us soldiered through the day...just. We went to get some groceries that afternoon and wished we hadn’t…I walked into pole and almost dropped Sophie, Ingrid couldn't find the keys any where and I managed to shut the car-boot right on top of my coffee that I’d been hanging out for all day, resulting in it squirting throughout the boot and all over me (I completely forgot I had rested it on the bottom part of the opened car-boot).

Sophie didn't seemed to mind her leper parents yesterday though...she gave us plenty of cuddles and kept herself occupied by chasing balls around the room and reading all day....good on ya Sophie.
Brad

No comments: