Thursday, August 17, 2006

Thursday night drinks

The last week has been pretty full on with the Sophie-myster, as Brad mentioned earlier in the week we changed Sophie’s formula back to normal powder based on the doctors say so, but it was too soon and Sophie was pretty uncomfortable with her reflux, so we went back to the special thickened formula to help out, but she hasn’t been her usual self since and we have pretty much been stuck at home due to her been very unsettled, mind you its only during the day as she still sleeps well overnight (most nights). So her smiles and giggles have been very few and far between. So today we ventured out the door to coffee group where she started off well and gave a couple of smiles to the other girls, but she soon got a bit grizzly and after a quick nap in her car seat we came back home where she is now happily asleep.

Tonight is going to be my first night out in a very long time…us coffee group girls have decided its time to get back onto the social circuit and meet for a few drinks tonight – I am quite excited about getting out (and getting dressed up!), I think I will get dressed at the very last minute before going and give Sophie a good night kiss at arms length so I can go out without a ‘baby badge’! I don’t think it will be a very late one as it was pretty cold here overnight and Sophie woke at 3.30am very cold as she had managed to get out of her covers and then it took me ages to get back to sleep once I took care of her and got back to bed – I think all us mums are in the same boat after our discussion today. But I do believe there will be a couple of wines with my name on it. I’ll let you know tomorrow how the night went.

Ingrid

No comments: