Sunday, June 25, 2006

Sunshine on a Winters day

Ingrid & Sophie enjoying the sunshie on the deck
I stayed up last night with Sophie, we did constructive things like watching horror movies and loads of sport. As Ingrid mentioned yesterday, Sophie didn’t want to sleep at all, so I ended up watching the movie while rocking her bassinet for the entire movie! She did drift off to sleep eventually, but crikey, it was a very long afternoon and night...

Had a visit today from the Farrelly’s, (Rog, Lisa and their two girls Olivier and Grace.) I can remember seeing little Grace when she was around Sophie’s age, now she’s 18 months or so and running around and full of beans...it’s kind of funny thinking that Sophie will be that age very soon, yet hard to imagine at the same time.

Sophie moments before her shower, not sure if she's excited or petrified by the thought!

It was a cracker day today, the sun was shining so after Rog and Lisa left, we bundled up little Sophie, threw her in the car and went for a cruise around Auckland. She starts to grizzle when you pull up to lights or stop, so I now have to brake a long way before lights and inch my way up every so slightly so the car is still moving…it must piss other people off, but oh well, you gotta do what works I 'spose!

I’m off to Sydney on Tuesday to see a concert. (Coldplay) It will be the first time away from the girl’s since birth so I am feeling a little bit guilty (and just a wee bit excited too). I’ll make sure I give Ingrid a night off real soon too so she can go out with friends and not have to worry about bubs for the night, easier to say though, I don’t think either of us will ever feel completely guilt free away from Sophie for a while.

Spot the difference, one is the captain of the Aussie cricket team, the other Roger from work!

Brad

No comments: