Wednesday, June 28, 2006

No time to update

Brad sent me this photo from his hotel room in Sydney...nice veiw!


Sorry, didn’t get the chance to do an update yesterday as Brad was on a work junket in Sydney to see a Coldplay gig (hard work I am told!), so with one person down I didn’t have time. But Sophie and I had a lovely day with Sophie being a perfect angel, eating and sleeping without problems. Aunty Katie came over with pizza after work to keep me company incase it all turned to custard and even stayed the night which made us all safe and secure in the knowledge that there was one more ‘body’ in the house. Thank goodness it all went well and I am not a frazzled mother today. Although saying that Sophie has been harder to settle today and waking every couple of hours wanting a feed rather than every four – hope she isn’t trying to put us into a new routine!
I went for a drive this afternoon as she couldn’t go to sleep and of course the car always works when we need to, so here I am looking the worse for wear driving down the motorway when Sophie starts screaming! To top it all off I then hit a stand still traffic jam where we were stuck in the car for 20 minutes! Sophie’s wailing was getting louder and louder and I couldn’t do a thing for her. In the end I had to jump out of the car and clamber into the backseat to put a dummy in her mouth and turned up the radio to sing to her, all the while hoping firstly that no one else could hear me and secondly that the traffic wouldn’t start moving with me stuck in the back. She eventually fell asleep but I think it was her way of tuning out my terrible singing – anything to get away from that.
Ingrid

No comments: