Thursday, May 11, 2006

1 week old today

Sophie and dad writing today's blog
Little Sophie is one week old today. It’s hard to determine whether the past week has gone quick or not…I do feel 10 years older since the birth if that’s any gauge.

It feels like Sophie has hardly slept at all within the past 24 hours. Ingrid the poor thing was up for most of the night feeding her, at one stage she had just fed, and was bawling her pretty little eyes out around 4:30am so I grabbed her, changed her nappies and laid her down on top of me, she grizzled a wee bit then crashed out, Ingrid still couldn’t sleep because she thought Sophie would roll off me and do a face dive to the floor!

Hopefully Ingrid is getting some sleep now, we put bubs down around 9pm and Ingrid hit the sack straight away, then good old Sophie started screaming about 20 minutes later, as much as I tried to leave her to cry herself to sleep, after 15 minutes I had to go and pick her up. Another nappy change and 'Brad sing-a-long' to her and she fell back asleep draped over my shoulder (I took the photo of the two of us at the top of the page using the self timer on the camera, and I’m writing up today’s blog with her still there just to prove that guys can actually do two things at once…even if it’s taken me 2 hours to do so!)

At The Rock : Katie, Jono, Hollie and Chappelli

Cruisin' down Ponsonby Road

We also popped into The Rock today to see the team there, Sophie was out for the count for the entire trip, but the guys looked well stoked to see her anyhow.

Had a coffee at Starbucks and ran into a woman there who also had a baby that was born on the same day as Sophie, she also had a two-year old and thankfully told Ingrid that things do get a lot easier…thank Christ.

I dropped the girls off at home then popped off to do some Mothers Day shopping and bits and pieces. I must be getting tired too because I forgot where I parked the car at one stage and spent 20 minutes trying to find it and I got real shitty, real quickly...you should have seen me at the supermarket when the foreign check out operator didn't know how to work the till properly...

For all the sleep deprivation and short tempers we're experiencing…Little Sophie is worth it a ca-zillion times over....and more.

Brad

I decked out Sophie's door today

1 comment:

House Dad said...

Hey Guys, just had a catch-up read, as Ade is awy this week, so time is a little short for me. You all seem to be doing so well which, is great. I remember Ade being so tired, so I took Jarvis for a walk first thing each morning to give Ade a lay-in. Only about 45 minutes, but it was enough quiet time in the house for Ade to power nap. Carried this on for every Sat and Sun for months.
Hey Brad, have you worked out what a BABE MAGNET bubs are? That's another upside of going out for walks with just Sophie and you. Ingrid will get a rest and you'll be surrounded by heaps of chicks - that'l be a first aye! LOL.