Thursday, February 12, 2009

Two weeks to go

Nudging closer now. Baby is in position with head engaged and ready to go at anytime now according to the midwife, so am taking each day at a time now. One thing I must make mention of though is this weather, I know we are all affected by it, but I need to note it for furture reference just to remind us all of what an incredible summer we are having. This humidity is crazy, it reminds me so much of our time living in Hamilton times 10! I thought Hamilton was a terrible city to live in weather wise and found the nice breeze of Auckland over summer a welcome treat, but this summer has been on a par with Hamilton over the last week. If I wasn't pregnant I may have actually enjoyed it, but all I can do at the moment is sit inside with the air conditioning on with my own little personal furnice glowing in my tummy!
-
Brad and I have both been having trouble sleeping at night, I think Brad is affected by it more than me as my pregnancy snoring isn't helping at all - he says I sound like a freight train! I can believe it as I am HUGE! Sophie however doesn't seem to mind it at all and she has the hottest room in the house too! But she has been sleeping though the nights no problems at all - mind you I practically have the fan in her bed with her, so that always helps! Waitangi weekend was the hottest on record and the newspapers were calling Sunday the Sunday Roast because it was so hot! We spent the weekend either at the beach swimming or at the pools along with a whole bunch of other pregnant women. It was a welcome relief to have some cold water to plunge into.
-
-
I picked up the baby's car seat yesterday - we decided to just rent one this time around for six months as they grow out of them so quickly and as we already have two older seats then bubs can just grow into the bigger one. It made it feel much more real now having that in the car ready to go and of course Sophie seems rather excited about sharing the backseat with a baby. I am taking her over to a friends house this afternoon for a playdate with her daughter who is the same age. She also has a three month old so will be nice to see how Sophie is around the baby and see how jealous she gets when I give bubs a cuddle. My brain is total mush at the moment so will try and remember to take the camera with me and get a photo.

Ingrid

No comments: