Thursday, February 5, 2009

Three weeks to go!

Yes, still three bloody weeks to go. I thought that by this stage I would be feeling relief that it wasn't too long - but as I am much bigger than I was with Sophie and this heat is relentless it feels like an eternity! However the best bit is that I get to spend all day at home if I wish and sit under the air conditioner when it gets too unbearable. Luckily there isn't really anything to do now except wait...
-
Its been pretty hot at night here the last few nights, so I have tossed and turned trying to get comfortable, we have given Sophie the only fan in the house as her bedroom is 10 times worse than ours, so I really feel for her, although she doesn't seem to have any problem sleeping and doesn't think it is too hot at all, in fact she is even insisting on having her duvet on the bed still!
-
Last night however I found it so hot - especially on my feet, which are the size of tree trunks, that I had to resort to getting two cold faceclothes and dousing them in cold water and wrapping my feet up in them to sleep! But it worked really well and my feet felt pretty good after that.
-
Enjoying a quick dip in the ocean
-
I am now meeting up with my midwife on a weekly basis which is good, however she has mentioned that she is taking four days off over valentines weekend! Although she has a backup midwife if I do end up going into labour we didn't gel at all and I would much prefer that I didn't have her. In fact I would go so far to say that I didn't like the back up midwife one bit! However I guess I will just have to take what I am given if that is the case. I suppose as long as she can do the job then it should be enough.
-
We still haven't got a name picked out yet. We did have a couple of favourites but then Brad decided to go through the baby name book and now we have about 10 names to choose from! Brads favourite is Ra'oul - somehow I don't think we will be going for that, not if I can help it anyway!!!
-
Sophie is doing really well. She keeps asking when the 'real' baby (as opposed to her play one) is going to come and stay - so she is obviously over it as well. But for someone who can't understand how long a week is let along three, its kind of hard that we have to keep telling her that he still has to grow a little bit bigger yet! She is really good with a little baby at Kids Klub called Bosco who is four months old, she really mothers him - albeit a bit roughly - but sweetly all the same, so hopefully it continues when her baby brother comes along. She loves to rub my belly and sing to the baby, favourite songs are Twinkle Twinkle and Happy Birthday. But I have noticed she does get a little jealous if I give attention to any other kids at Kids Klub or to baby Bosco. So will be interesting to see how it all goes.


Ingrid

No comments: