Thursday, January 29, 2009

Home sweet home

Brad has given me the hard word - I am to update the blog daily now that I am a housewife - yeah right! My days aren't that exciting, but I will certainly try and keep a somewhat simple journal of day to day life while counting down our new arrival. As this will be the last child, I guess it will be nice to have an account in years to come of the last few weeks of pregnancy. Its probably not the best time to start this as to be honest I am uncomfortable, hot, swollen and pretty grumpy and feral. I am so NOT glowing and this little boy is determind to ruin his mothers body! I am covered in stretch marks, and pimples! I mean where the heck did they come from, even as a teenager I never got pimples and was pretty lucky to have skin that people commented on. Now that has been wiped away by a constant redness and pimples that just won't go away! To make it worse I have been picking them and now am worried I will be scarred for life! I have also swollen quite considerably with fluid in this heat, and it looks as if I have had collegan impanted into my lips! So not sexy. This baby had better love his mumma forever for what he has put me through.
-
-
I think i am carrying this bubs a little different than with Sophie. He seems to be all out the front - hence the stretch marks I think, whereas Sophie was more side to side. He is also sitting pretty high too still which I guess means he probably won't make an early arrival as much as I would love that to be. So in this hot weather it means I can't breathe very well and have had a few dizzy moments. Still I am now 36 weeks pregnant, which means hopefully I only have four more weeks to go.
-
Its nice being at home this week. Although I had all these great ideas in my head to clean and scrub the house from top to bottom but really all I have done so far is washing and watching TV. I am waiting for that energy that is meant to kick in that makes me want to 'nest'. Ain't got it yet!
-
Ingrid

No comments: