Saturday, September 20, 2008

Chillin' out in the Naki

Sophie and I took a few days off work and kids-klub and headed on down to the Naki - it worked out well, Ingrid got a couple of overdue days of R&R and we got hang with the Nana in New Plymouth.
I was a little bit apprehensive about driving with Sophie for 4 hours, but it worked out really well: I left home around 7pm her normal bedtime - and she crashed out after 40 minutes in the car and then woke up about 40 minutes from Nana's place. I did get the fright of my life on the way down though...It was dark, hosing down with rain, we were in the middle of nowhere, I had the radio turned off so I wouldn't wake Sophie and as I was winding my way through the Awakino Gorge deep in thought...and then from out of nowhere a voice boomed out "Daddy go fast!" - talk about giving me the shits!...I thought she was fast asleep in the back!
-
Sophie enjoying the fast slide...
-
...enjoying it over and over and over again
-
A quick spin on the tyre ride...
-
We don't have parks like this back home...check out the view!
- Family snap with Aunty Shell and Nana...
-

Daddy trying to be arty again with the camera
-
Sitting with Nana wearing my new princess crown - thanks Grantz!
-
Exploring at the beach with daddy
-
-
It's been a very relaxing trip and Sophie has been a little angel. We're gonna head back tomorrow around noon...fingers crossed Sophie sleeps for a long time during the daytime.
Sophie (and Daddy) will miss Nana heaps, but Sophie (and Daddy) are looking forward very much to seeing mummy again too.
Brad

No comments: