Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Nana posts the blog

I have just had another wonderful couple of days with my Auckland family and was asked to babysit my lovely granddaughter (as if I needed asking) while Sophie's Mum & Dad went shopping.
-
Story-time with Sophie
-
I don't know who entertained who, I know I had a lot of laughs and lots of cuddles and played with lots of toys, read stories, sang songs, drew pictures, watched her dance while squealing with joy, all made for a wonderful time. I thought I would be entertaining Sophie, but I think it was Sophie that entertained me!. Grandchildren are a great excuse to revert back to one's child hood aren't they? I know that one of life's precious moments is that when your grandchild comes running up to you to give you a big cuddle, especially when she is a little upset, sounds soppy, I know, but it sure does tug at your heart strings.
-
Going to the park watching Sophie climbing a tree, kicking a ball, waiting patiently for a turn on the slide and running like the wind makes this Nana so proud and happy to be part of her life. She is talking really well now, almost saying sentences. I can almost understand everything she says. She is a such a little darling and it is really hard leaving, but I am really looking forward to seeing her again in a couple of weeks.

Love you Sophie
Lots of hugs and kisses
Nana
Cuddle time with Nana

No comments: