Friday, December 21, 2007

Nana comes to stay

Well what an amazing three days I have had with my precious grand-daughter. I really feel like a proper Nana now as there has just been Sophie and I during these past few days and what a joy this has been. We have had so many conversations, some I have understood and some are still a mystery (probably just as mysterious to Sophie as well – wondering why Nana can’t understand what she is saying?)
-
Too wet to go to the park...so lets tip pegs out of the bucket...over and over again...
-
This has been such a special time for me, I have loved taking care of her and taking her to the mall and also to the park. Sophie was so excited when I told her that we were going to the park, but her excitement was short-lived, because as we were driving to our destination, the squeals of delight soon turned to squeals of disapproval. I couldn’t quite fathom the change in her mood, until I realised that we had gone completely passed the park! Yes, I know what you are thinking; even a 19 month old has a better sense of direction than me.
I finally found the park, which wasn’t that great really, as it was really windy and I also came to the realisation that Sophie was just like her father – a real dare devil. I was on tender- hooks the whole time. She has no fear. History was eerily repeating itself.

What do you mean I've got dirt on my face nana!
-
Chilling out in my new 'in-door slide'
-
Walking through the mall with Sophie holding my hand has been such a delight, as her obvious happiness with life has been evident, (she was the loudest person there), laughing, singing and chatting to all and sundry.
-
As well as shopping and going to the park, Sophie and I have played with toys, read endless stories, played in the mud, overturned the peg-bucket endless times, rumple-tumble on the bed, danced to Hi 5, eaten strawberries, sang songs together, had lots of giggles and cuddles and generally had a great time together. Only one little tantrum that only lasted a couple of minutes, that was easily forgiven, as she was really tired.

A memorable three days for this Nana.
-
Like father like daughter...Sophie at The Rock Party last weekend
-
"What do you mean I'm not allowed one?"
Nana xx

No comments: