Sunday, September 9, 2007

Museum (and Ingrid updates!)

We have had a full on weekend. After Brad got over his hangover on Saturday after a big night in the corporate box on Friday night supporting the Warriors, we got it together to take Sophie to the park where she had fun on the swing, the slide and playing with the other kids. After a stop at the supermarket to get supplies for the next week we went home for a play in the sun. When Sophie went to bed we had a long wait to watch the All Blacks take on Italy at 11.45pm! I am too much of a softie these days and had to have a nap for a couple of hours before the game started and then fell asleep before it finished, but am happy to report that we kicked ass!
-
Getting ready for a big afternoon at the Museum
-
Sunday was another busy day. It was typical Auckland weather with the rain settling in for the day, so decided that a trip to the museum after Sophie’s sleep was a good way to spend the afternoon. Its such a great big place that it was easy to let Sophie take off and run around, although she isn’t the best at looking where she is going and managed to make a few people take a few quick steps sideways while she ran full tilt around the place yelling 'dada dada' – her favourite word these days. I don’t get a look in, I am also called 'dada', as are her toys, the cat, the car, books and anything else she sees – talk about a daddy’s girl!

Sophie oblivious to the scary polar bear about to eat them!
-
"I'm lost...Where's my mummy and daddy gone..."
-
"mmm that crab looks good enough to eat!"
-
After running riot around the Museum...daddy tries a different trick to keep Sophie in one place!
-
Speaking of big weekends, Brad took Sophie to New Plymouth for a visit with her nana and aunties and left me back in Auckland for a weekend of ‘Ingrid’ time. Although I missed them both terribly and spent all my time thinking about them, I also made the most of it and had a very busy weekend. I shopped, which is a luxury these days as it’s very hard to try clothes on with Sophie around who HATES shopping (as does her daddy – see how similar they are). I was looking for a dress to wear to a wedding next month and found something lovely. Bit summery though, so here’s hoping for a nice sunny weekend for the wedding. I also booked in for a massage and facial which both were absolutely divine and very decadent. On Saturday night, Katie came over, so we headed out for a nice dinner and bottle of bubbly at the local pub, where we gossiped and caught up on what each other is doing, although seeing as I don’t get out much, I probably bored her silly with stories of Sophie – I try not to but I can’t seem to help myself! We came home and cracked another bottle of wine and watched lots of mindless crap on TV and then crashed fairly early! Gosh I remember the days when I would have just been going out on the town by the time we went to bed. Sigh.
-
Sunday was another busy day where I made the most of being on my own and did the groceries, tidied up all the leaves outside that we get inundated with from the bush around the house, patched up some holes in the walls in the bathroom (another drunken night thanks to Brad) and did a good spring clean around the house. It was meant to be a relaxing weekend and I was even busier than normal! But it was great and I felt very refreshed come Monday where I got up early and met my family at the airport. Sophie was happy to see me and she looked like she had had a great weekend with her extended family. It was so lovely to see them and a big thanks to Brad for giving me that time to myself and to the extended family for looking after Sophie so well, she loves hanging with her nana and aunties and Grantz and its so nice for her to spend time with her family when we live so far away.

Bath-time on Sunday night after a BIG day
-
Ingridxx

No comments: