Thursday, January 11, 2007

She just smiled so I gave her a vegemite sandwich...

For the musically challenged: Today’s title stolen from a ‘Men at Work’ classic entitled: "Down Under"

I lost the battle...I wanted her to eat Marmite but Ingrid has turned her to the dark side and infected her with Vegemite!


It’s been great having the past 3 weeks off work. I can’t say I’m looking forward to going back next week either, as Sophie is practically doing something new every day now. She’s been on the cusp of crawling for the past few weeks, but today she made a lot of progress and moved forward a couple of paces! She’s also learnt to sit back up when she falls over too which is great, I think that was actaully putting her off trying to crawl before.

I popped her on the mat this morning, then ran upstairs for a sec and when I returned, I couldn’t see her...Sophie had moved herself half way round the lounge and ended up hiding behind the coffee table!


Doesn't she look happy now she can pretty much crawl aye?

We took Sophie for a HUGE walk in the stroller this afternoon. Ingrid is looking at returning to work part-time in April so we’re checking out a few day care places. The first place we looked at today, we thought wasn’t far at all, as it turned out we had the address completely wrong and pretty much walked a half marathon to get there!

Sophie loves the stroller (just as well then) and today she was talking to herself the entire time “Da da dad dadda dada” I think Ingrid is a wee bit pissed she’s saying dadda before mumma though... a couple of times during our marathon walk Ingrid would stop in mid stride and say “Shhh - I think she was saying Mumma then!”…Of course all I heard was ‘dadda dada” – but chances are Sophie’s more likely trying to say Charlie and not mumma or dadda!

Brad

No comments: