Friday, August 4, 2006

Jab day

The injection site - she had one on the other side too
Our little Arab girl!
As Brad mentioned yesterday, it has been a little harder to keep the blogsite updated, and from now on hope to update daily as we promised. Sophie had her three month jabs today, gosh it was tough – she handled the six week ones really well, but today was a bit different…she screamed and cried and worked herself up so much that she was gulping for air and her whole face and head was red. Pretty hard to see your baby so worked up and unable to really do anything except cuddle her. Got her home and she slept for three hours, woke up had a small feed and then cried and cried again, so I cuddled her again and popped her back in bed with her toy bear and dummy where she proceeded to talk away telling her bear all about it, but couldn’t go to sleep, so after about an hour of rocking her bassinet and her waking up every time I walked away we got her up again. By this stage I think she was feeling a lot better and she even gave us some big smiles and giggles and then had a big splash around in her bath, a small feed again (mustn’t be well as she generally loves her food!), play and then went back off to bed. It will be interesting to see how she sleeps tonight. Hopefully she will be back to normal, but I have prepared myself to get up during the night.

Remember a few weeks back Brad posted a note about MySky? Well it was installed a couple of weeks ago and although I really didn’t want it, or should I say I really didn’t think we needed it – I have had a change of heart, it is fantastic (although Sky still suck). I have been using it most days as I am now a boring mother and go to bed very early in case I have to get up during the night to Sophie, so all the late night shows that I used to watch can now be recorded! So instead of watching crappy old Good Morning or the Soaps that are on during the day, I watch these recorded shows instead! Brilliant. Although don’t tell Brad that I actually have time to watch TV during the day or he may expect me to start cooking dinner!

Ingrid

No comments: