Monday, May 8, 2006

Sophie's Big Day Out

Isn't she a cutie
Day 4.

We had the midwife come around today to check to make sure everything was okay. Sophie is a little dehydrated and that’s about it, Ingrid was concerned that she wasn't getting enough food so the midwife recommended we get some formula as a top up to the 'odd feed'. That is very reassurrng to know that we can do that to ensure she's getting enough food. So we packed the little one up in the car seat and headed of to the mall, Sophie’s first Big Day Out.

She was a little trooper – I don’t think she woke from the moment we put her in the seat to returning home At one stage, Ingrid went into the chemist so I sat with Sophie on one of the mall couches while she slept oblivious to this new world around her. Lots of people walked by the two of us and made comments like ‘ohh what a cutie’ – I was chuffed and then told them to look in the stroller ‘cause Sophie wasn’t bad either…

I had great intentions of helping Ingrid overnight when she got up to feed – just so I wouldn’t look like a greedy guts for getting all the sleep…it didn’t work, I sleep like a train and hardly stirred the 45 million times Ingrid had to get up and feed. I have a brand new admiration for mothers, it’s pretty damn tough on them, Ingrid is simply amazing.

I gave little Sophie a bath again tonight which is my new found high…she LOVES the water and hopefully it will give her a better night’s sleep. Fingers crossed aye.

Dad
My two girls ready for the trip to the mall
Sophie with all the toys at Farmers

No comments: