Sunday, May 7, 2006

Ingrid and Sophie's first day home

Picked up my girls this morning from Birthcare, unfortunately Ingrid got a crap sleep again; it appears we’ve spawned a night owl. The nurses did say if she moved around a lot at night when Ingrid was pregnant, then chances are her body clock is set for playtime at night, more specifically between 8pm-6am…lovely.

Good to have them home though – at least I can take Sophie away and let Ingrid try and get some sleep. Ingrid slept for a WHOLE hour and half today, so I took bubs into the spare room and just laid her on my chest – we both slept for a good couple of hours like that. She absolutely loves the feeling of skin on skin and just crashes out.

I tried to time dinner tonight so we could both sit down and enjoy it together …not bloody likely thought Sophie. She had just been fed and changed and had been asleep for 15 minutes – so understandably as Isoon as dished up dinner, she started squawking louder than I’ve heard before! – I ended up holding her strategically in one arm and eating with the other.

Sophie’s room is fantastic too – I think during the daytime it‘s quite calming in there with all the birds and wildlife busy outside the window in the jungle!

Anyhow – that’s about it for the day – we might venture out tomorrow in the stroller.
Brad
Staring at the trees in her new room
Ingrid feeding Sophie in her room
She loves being held like this and spun around...or at least she stops crying

1 comment:

House Dad said...

Mate, sounds like you are doing all the right things, especially giving Ingrid some time out. Trees are wonderful, that's what we did with Jarvee in the Brown's Bay house. When he get restless, we'd go and look at his trees. I think the noise and broken light is relaxing. Also a running tap calmed him down too. I remember Jarvis falling asleep on me as well, it's special eh. Right, we are off to the mall to get you guys a prezzie. It's Jarvis' fav shop, let's see how loud he can scream today when we have to leave.
Love reading the blog each day too. Ade's reading it from Perth - she's there all week.
Lee and Jarvis.