Sunday, June 28, 2009

Tell me why?

I feel like I’m in a confessional.
”Forgive me followers of the blog…yes; it’s been well over three weeks since my last written post…my apologies"
-
First up, Sophie’s constipation is still here unfortunately – Ingrid kept her home for most of last week so she could keep a close eye on her ‘movements’ and what food she consumed each day. Thankfully, the really red burning aspect has gone for now (touch wood) but it does seem to have a nasty streak of flaring up every 2-3 weeks. We’ve got another pediatrician to see in the next fortnight - but we’re both resigned to the fact that she’s simply going to have to ride it out.
-
"Mmm...I wonder how long it will take me tonight to get out of my wrap..."
-
Sophie has recently learnt the one word we have been dreading her understanding for ages…Why”...here's how a typical conversation rolls out -The following transcript is taken word for word from this morning (I took Sophie down to Mitre 10 to pick up a new shower hose)
-
"Daddy where are we going?"
"To a big shop to buy a new hose for the shower"
"Why?"
"Because the old hose is broken Sophie"
"Why is it broken?"
"Because it was very old"
"Why was it very old?"
"Because it has been there for a long time"
"Why was it there for a long time?"
"Arhhh…because it just was Sophie"
"Why?"
"Because it was old!"
"You already said it was old daddy – why was it old?"
"Um…look over there Sophie – I can see a cat..."
"Ooh!""
-
Max is in pretty good form now too. He’s giggling and laughing shitloads and is responding to a stack of things – he now looks at you when you call his name, and he loves books being read to him, (just like his big sis.) He’s a strong little bugger too, we wrap him up in a very complex straight jacket-baby-wrap-type thing before each sleep – but the little Houdini can break out of it before we’re even out the bloody door! – I’m sure he thinks it’s a game and he tries to beat his previous record every night…
-

Haha...told you I would get my hands out!

Little Miss growing up way-to-fast...check out her gorgeous hair do
-
Lastest Video of Max here
Brad