Saturday, May 23, 2009

On the mend

Dressed and ready for another birthday party.
-
Sophie has improved since the last blog, we hope never to go through that again...she isn't 100% right, but is certainly on the mend. The paediatrician is a little baffled as to why she got so inflamed and red and was a quite pissed at the docs for not taking swabs when she was at her worst. Sophie is booked in for kidney scans next week and they're doing tests on her number 2's...I'll let you know what the tests say next week.
-
Ingrid is off to the Naki next week for a few days to help mum out while she recovers from Hip surgery - She's going to fly down with Max on Wednesday and come back on Sunday - so it'll be the Soph and Daddy show here for a few days...Soph and I have got into a pretty good routine - I drop her off each morning at Kids Klub and get to work just after 8:30 which isn't too bad considering Auckland traffic - I'll just need to finish an hour earlier or so next week so she's not stuck there all day long (although I don't think she'll mind that much...she still loves going there!)
-
Max is doing very well too - I can't get over how chilled out he is - I guess it's because we're not in his face every second like we were with Soph when she was born - take dinner for example, Ingrid and I wouldn't have dreamt of scoffing our faces and leaving Sophie to fend for herself on the mat or in her rocking chair, but we do with Max every night and he simply looks up and gives us all big gummy grins and stupid laughs...my boy is pretty cool indeed. (Video Here)
-
Soph and her buddies (kids of the anti-natal group we went to over 3 years ago!)
-
Sophie and her food fixation...after the other kids have finished she wants to clean up their plates too!
-
The proud big sister
-
Brad