Sunday, November 18, 2007

Iceblocks and morning surprises.

It was my turn to get Sophie up this morning. Ingrid and I take normally take turns every weekend so bothget at least one sleep in a week. I woke up around 8am and thought to myself, "ok, this isn't bad, Sophie was up at 6:30 yesterday, I've certainly picked the right day this weekend" A few minutes later I heard her grizzle a wee bit, so I got up and opened her door....it was that moment when I wished I’d swapped days…Her room looked like a scene from ‘The Exorcist!’....there was VOMIT everywhere!! and the smell….lets just say I haven’t smelt anything that bad since my flatting days in New Plymouth...
-
Obviously I felt for the poor thing, and judging from her new crusty (yet extremely chunky hair-do,) I figured she must have been like that for a while. After a few minutes I faulted and called for back up...as her cot, her hair, the mattress and all her clothing had all been severely compromised....(I’m feeling ill simply writing this and reliving the moment again)
-
Thankfully, Sophie didn't really seem to mind that much, she certainly wasn't cranky or looking unwell at all. She had a great time in the bath shortly afterwards too. The game went something like this: I tried to scrub off all the foreign matter clinging to her entire body, while she picked up, and played with all the floating surprises lingering over the bath surface…mmmm yummy.
-
Anyhow, apart from her loss of appetite most of the day, Sophie has been in pretty good form. We took her out for coffee, the park and the mall (which is fast becoming the the norm most weekends…but Sophie seems to enjoy it) and then I decided to buy her a ice block, as most people say they're pretty good for upset tummies…no need to tell you if Sophie enjoyed it …the pictures below tell a thousand words...
-

"I say, what is this funny looking thing?"
-

"Lets give it a try...so far so good"
-

"What the!...nobody said anything about freezing my bloody teeth off!"

-

"Why the hell did you give that to me daddy!"
-
Brad

No comments: