Sunday, June 17, 2007

Bung eyes and an overdue update from Ingrid!

We've all been pretty busy this past week, with little time to update the blog sorry.
-
I started a new job last week managing Solid Gold (as well as The Rock) so I'm now starting a lot earlier and Ingrid has been full on at work too with book launches and lots of publicity.
-
Sophie has been enjoying herself at Kids Klub this week though - she's down to the one sleep only during the day while she's there, but is still full of beans when she gets home each afternoon.
The one down-side of Kids Klub, is obviously the amount of bugs and things all the kids pick up...poor little Sophie has had a bad run of things in the past and has now got conjunctivitis back in her eyes again. We've been giving her special eye drops this weekend and there's every chance that Ingrid may have to keep her home tomorrow, as you can't take sick kids along.
Apart from a bung eye, she's very happy - lots of running, heaps more talking and learning cool new things everyday.
-
Even Sophie needs a coffee while shopping!
-
Sophie's so lively these days, she even makes boring jobs like going to the supermarket, heaps of fun!. I gave her my empty coffee cup yesterday as we walked through Foodtown and Sophie somehow, managed to suck out the last remaining drop and proceeded to let out a huge cheer and then started shouting really, really loudly!...guess that's why you don't give kids caffeine!. In saying that, Sophie was really well behaved (apart from wanting to throw out every item we put on the trolley)...one stage I grabbed a bag of tennis balls from a shelf and started bouncing the whole packet on the isle ...Sophie was almost beside herself and let out huge belly laughs...she sure knows how to give the other bored shoppers a smile...
-
Wrapped up nice and warm and ready to hit the shops!
-
Brad
-
ps.
I don't believe it...miracles do happen!...Below is an update from Ingrid when she went away on her girls weekend recently.
-
-
Yes I know its been a while and Brad keeps telling me off for not updating. I guess by the end of the day all I want to do is put my feet up on the couch and have a rest! But anyway here I am, with a few minutes to spare.
-
Sophie is back at daycare and enjoying being back with her friends again, making noise and mess and running everywhere. Yes that’s right, running. Ever since Sophie has found that she can get around on her feet she doesn’t just walk, she runs! If only I could take a little bit of her energy, bottle it and drink some, I might not be so tired by the end of the day!
-
I haven’t update since I went away with Katie for a girls weekend! We had an awesome weekend – thanks Katie for coming away with me. Friday night we left Auckland at the dreadful time of 5pm, but surprisingly it only took us half an hour to get to Waiwera as there was just no traffic on the road! As soon as we unpacked the car in our villa, we cracked the first bottle of wine, and that was pretty much how the evening continued – a few drinks, dinner at the local pub over the road from us with another bottle of wine, and then after being hit on by an annoying, drunk and old South African fella we went back to our villa, opened another bottle of wine, put on a chick flick DVD and settled in for the night. Katie fell asleep within minutes and I couldn’t keep up with the movie as I was feeling a little too drunk by this point – Katie you are a dreadful influence!
-
Saturday morning and I had a sleep in! Although was feeling rather the worse for wear. So a very slow day was had with a trip into Orewa for the obligatory hangover feed at McDonalds. In the afternoon we had booked our pampering at the dayspa in Waiwera. Body scrub, massage and facial, oh what luxury! Was so relaxed by the time we finished I could have just gone straight to bed – but it was only 4pm. So we went for dinner again at the local pub (no dodgy fellas this time), went back to our villa to watch some more movies and crack open one more bottle of wine…
-
Sunday was another sleep in! We had to book out of our accommodation at 10am so we decided to drive back to Auckland and go shopping (without spending anything of course), have lunch and then get back to my family. But by the time I got home Sophie was in bed asleep! God I was missing her so much and desperately wanted to see her and she decides to have a MONSTER sleep. After much pacing around the house, reading the paper, eating and pacing again, my little angel woke up. Needless to say, I missed my bubs (and husband) heaps and it was good to be home.
Ingrid


No comments: