Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Back home from Boston

I couldn’t have timed getting home today any better. Sophie was just waking from her morning sleep when I arrived (and after a cuddle from Ingrid) I quickly leapt up the stairs and crept into Sophie’s room. She gave me the once over and then her little face lit up with a huge grin…my jet lag and tiredness from the past 24 hours of airports and flying quickly disappeared after seeing that.
I brought a few baby clothes from ‘Baby Gap’ while I was in Boston, and Sophie showed her immediate appreciation by baby chucking over most them when I was showing her too, and this afternoon when Ingrid popped out for a bit…Sophie gave me a lovely present that she had obviously been saving up for her old man for a good couple of days!

Checking out Boston on a harbour cruise

A touch of shopping at some swanky Boston stores

Guzzy and I in desperate need of a real coffee after touching down in LA for the day (yes, been living in Auckland way too long!)

Always wanted to try Spare Ribs American style..not bad either.

Ingrid had a great time at Jono and Jen's wedding in the weekend and she said it was fantastic having mum here for a few days too while I was away – cheers mum, Sophie enjoyed having you here too!

I think all the attention I was giving to Sophie today mucked up her routine too – she didn’t want a bar of sleeping tonight after dinner, the little tiger was up for over three hours! – I ended up reading her a story and instantly noticed how attentive she is now becoming, when you point to things in the book she now stares and I even noticed today, Sophie is now taking a huge interest in Charlie the Cat and watches in fascination as this huge hairy white creature moves around the house.

Boston was truly awesome, but getting home to my two bubs was better still.

Brad

No comments: