Friday, September 8, 2006

The Rest of the Week

Wednesday
Sophie and I have had quite a nice week this week, she’s been pretty good with her sleeping after a bit of a shocker last week which has allowed me to catch up on things that need to be done and having a bit of ‘me’ time during the day! Its been four months now since she was born and I thought it was about time I popped back into my old work to show her off and have a chat with everyone. It felt kind of strange walking back through the doors, almost like I had never left – everything is pretty much exactly the same! Quite freaky really that my life has changed so dramatically and theirs are all exactly the same. Anyway was nice to catch up with everyone and Sophie was very well behaved if not a little shell shocked with all the new faces.
Thursday:
Was usual coffee group day, was good to catch up with everyone again and as our babies all get bigger and more awake it was good to see every baby awake at the same time and funny how the babies make faces and smile at the adults but are oblivious to the other babies around even though they love to look at themselves in a mirror (or at least Sophie does).

Today being Friday, I caught up with my other coffee group girls (the ones I meet through the hospital exercise classes), only stayed a short time as Sophie had got a little overtired and I could only get her to sleep in her car seat for half an hour and she needed a lot more than that, so we came home and she was so tired I had to wake her up for her 3pm feed, after which we went for a big long walk around Glenfield in the beautiful afternoon sunshine – was such a lovely day.
Ingrid

No comments: