Monday, September 25, 2006

Out togther as a couple!

A late post I know, but it’s been pretty full on for the last couple of days and have only just found some time to update. Well what an exciting couple of days we have had. Firstly, Brad and I had tickets to see INXS play in Auckland with new frontman JD Fortune o n Sunday night, so my brother (Steve) and his lovely girlfriend Maria (from Boston) came around to babysit for us.
I was a bit apprehensive to begin with as it was our first night out together away from Sophie and the first time ever we have had a babysitter! But of course she was a perfect angel and wasn’t even aware we had gone out! And funnily enough, although it felt funny to be without her, it also felt a little bit like old days and it was nice to be a ‘couple’ again. Unfortunately, and I hate to moan about things, but the concert was a bit of a disappointment, there just wasn’t any oomph to it, almost like they were all bored, tired or hungover (probably all three) and JD seemed to be a little off his face. Anyway, we left halfway through and tried to find somewhere to have a coffee – but Sunday nights are pretty subdued in the city.


On Monday my mum, Nicki, arrived (more on that later), so we made the most of having family around and Brad and I went out for a lovely dinner together while mum babysat – gosh, two nights in a row, who would have thought that I could leave my baby! But it was easier than I thought as I knew she was in good hands both nights and that she would probably sleep anyway and that we were only a phone call away.

Now, as mentioned, mum has been staying with us for the last couple of days and my dad (Mike) and stepmum (Carol) are also in Auckland. The reason my whole family is here is because my brother (Steve), had his graduation from University today so they all came up to see him get his papers. Unfortunately I couldn’t go along to the parade and capping as Brad couldn’t babysit due to being at a conference all day, but I just have to say how very proud of my big brother I am for scoring top marks in all his exams and getting an awesome score overall! I think he got ALL the brains in the family and am pleased that he is putting them to good use. Well done bro.

Ingrid

No comments: