Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Sophie’s crazy parents

What the?...

Firstly let me just explain the ridiculous photo above – we went to a renewal of wedding vowels just a few weeks before I gave birth and the couple in question had a room set up at their house for us to all do a dress up and photo session, the above was the result and I can’t even blame drinking for the outcome! We had a great time and Matt and Steph both looked awesome and the ceremony was beautiful and very moving.

On to today, what an eventful day Sophie and I had, firstly we had our mums and bubs class which was all about baby development and things to do at playtime to stimulate their brains and help them grow into big bright strong adults, I tried a couple of things on Sophie when we got home, but she didn’t want a bar of it, she was only interested in food, food and more food.

Luckily today I decided to walk up to the letterbox to collect the mail as usually I leave it for Brad to get on his way home, anyway as I walked past one of the houses that we share the driveway with I heard someone yelling ‘help’ and looked into the garage of the house the voice was coming from and found the elderly neighbour lying in her garage! The poor thing had had a bit of a fall and hurt herself quite badly and couldn’t move, I asked how long she had been lying there for and she said about an hour! Imagine if I hadn’t gone to check the letterbox, the poor old thing would have had to wait the rest of the day for the rest of the neighbours to arrive home from work! Anyway it was pretty obvious that she had done some pretty major damage to her ankle and needed to get it looked at, she was pretty insistent that she didn’t want to go to hospital as she felt really stupid and embarrassed, but when I tried to pick her up and pop her in the car I couldn’t move her! So I called for an ambulance, they were very good and arrived within about 10 minutes, I hung around when they arrived to help get her handbag and house keys and lock the place up for her and lent her my phone to call her grandson and then she was off! Sophie was an angel and slept through all of the drama even though it was well past her dinnertime, however as soon as I got her in the house she woke up squawking for food and then proceeded to be hard work for the rest of the day until about 5.30 when I finally got her to bed – so I am about to have my dinner, which will be the first thing I have eaten since breakfast this morning! Whew what a day, I might just spend all of tomorrow in bed recuperating.

Ingrid

No comments: