Sunday, May 14, 2006

Mummy finally updates...well sort of.

First update as a mum.
Hello! Finally after 10 days I have found a bit of time to put pen to paper or more like fingers to keyboard.

Where do I start! Firstly I would like to say a HUGE thank you to everyone for all the wonderful gifts, cards and best wishes that have been sent, Sophie has been very spoilt and loves everything! Also, thanks for the wonderful comments that have been posted here too, it’s really lovely to get such positive feedback. I would also like to just say that if you have been trying to ring and not getting any answer its probably just that I am trying to get some zzzzzzzzzz’s and have turned the phone off – really sorry, but with feeding every two hours or so I try to catch up with as much as I can during the daytime. Hopefully I will be able to take calls soon and have a good catch up with everyone.

Well I would really like to share the labour and birth of Sophie with you all, but it seems I have almost forgotten! At the time it seemed like it would never end, but now it is a distant memory – anyway here goes with what I do remember…

Woke up at midnight on the 3rd May with what felt like mild stomach cramps, these carried on every two hours for the next 12 hours or so, didn’t really think too much of it, so didn’t bother to tell Brad as I really wasn’t sure if it was the real deal or not – so I went shopping during that day, and thought I had better get some rest just in case. As the day progressed the pain got a little sharper and closer together, but still nothing too bad. Brad came home from work and I told him that things seemed to be happening, but it could just be a false alarm and that he should go and play indoor cricket (I know how much he loves the game!) however by the time he came home, I was pretty adamant that this was the real deal, so we timed the contractions and thought we would just see how it goes and ring the midwife once they were more intense and only five minutes apart – this happened fairly quickly and by midnight that night I was pretty uncomfortable so we rung the midwife. She was pretty keen to see us, so off to the hospital we went.

Now this is where it really begins to suck!
You can tell Ingrid loves working with books, she paints the picture, gives you a taste of what's about to happen, then leaves you wanting more. (Actually Sophie woke and Ingrid never got round to finishing...stay tuned)

"I'm upset 'caus daddy couldn't even put a pair of matching socks on me!"

1 comment:

House Dad said...

Hey hey, good to see you up and working on the blog Ingrid. You look so well and seem to be excelling as a Mum - it's easy as aye! We really can't give advice on sleeping, as we've been total soft-cocks. Ade has slept with Jarvis from day 1 and I've been in the spare bed. Some people frown on this, but it works for us - Ade gets to bond with her wee man who she misses each day and I get to recharge my batteries. We did have a night together a month ago which was a disaster. My snoring kept Ade awake and her constant twitching p***ed me off. On the up side, it's a great form of contraception.
Anyway, you guys are doing so well and we are so chuffed for all three of you. Take care, Lee, Ade and Jarvis