Thursday, May 18, 2006

A day at The Rock

The excitment of The Rock studio is written all over Sophie's face

The weather in Auckland today was stunning, so I thought it would be a nice idea to give Ingrid a couple of hours to chill-out and enjoy some time to herself.

I packed up the little one and went for a drive (Sophie does enjoy hanging out with her dad and going for little drives) We decided to pop into work to say hi to a few people and pick up some bits and pieces as well. I even took Sophie into the studio and showed her around and explained how everything works. You should have seen her, she was absolute riveted and didn’t want to leave (as the photo shows)

After all that excitement I decided to take her home to see her mum (who couldn’t sleep anyway because she was kept awake wondering ‘did she need changing? Was she hungry? Is she warm enough?”). She didn’t need to worry, Sophie slept from the moment I put her into the car to the moment we arrived back home safe and soundly. It was pretty cool though, seeing Ingrid’s face light up as soon as we got home.

Ingrid and I ate dinner together alone tonight, which doesn’t seem like a big deal, but it is, you fully appreciate the small time you do manage to have together.

When Sophie finally awoke after a good sleep, her cry sounded a little more agitated than normal, so I said to Ingrid ‘I’ll grab her’…as soon as I entered he room and picked her up, I’d realised I’d opened my mouth way too soon…

It must have been the excitement of hanging out with her old man all day. Sophie had literally exploded from the waist down, with more force than a grade 10 hurricane, and unlike a Kinda Surprise, this time sadly...I knew exactly what I was getting.

No baby wipes could do the trick, and after 5 minutes I faltered and had to yell for backup. The both of us however, managed to do a great job restoring her back to the beautiful, pristine wee thing she once was.

I’ll certainly think twice again about taking her into The Rock though …the place obviously gives her the shits.
Brad

She was a bit too shy to go on-air

Chilling out after an eventFULL night

1 comment:

House Dad said...

It seems you guys are chugging along nicley. I remember giving Jarvis his first bottle which, not only gave Ade a break, but made me feel that I was contributing a bit more.
Off to the Gold Coast today for a week, but will check in everyday to see how it's going.

Lee, Ade and Jarvis oxo